These little guys make the perfect finger food sidedish to any BBQ, party or just a dinner at home. You can decorate them up as much as you want, but sometimes simplicity is the most delicious.
Yields: 4 Serving size: 4 smashies
- 16 baby yellow potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup minced green onion (Cilantro is also good on these)
- 3 Tbs. parmesan
- Set oven to broil on HIGH and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cook potatoes until tender and allow to cool
- Cut each potato in half and lay flat side up on baking sheet
- With a fork, gently smash each potato just enough to flatten but not crumble apart
- Lightly coat each potato with olive oil and sprinkle paprika and parmesan evening on each one.
- Allow them to broil and keep an eye on them until they become slightly brown on top; it won’t take long!
- Top with green onion and enjoy!