- 4 Flat Out fold it Artisian breads, 5 grain flax-(http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/hungry-girl-foldit/hungry-girl-foldit-100-whole-wheat-with-flax/)
- 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- ½ red onion or 2 small shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Kosher salt
- 2/3 cup prepared hummus, roasted red pepper or garlic
- 1 scoop About Time Unflavored whey isolate
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, plain, light
- 2 cups baby arugula or spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds-roasted
- 1 lemon, quartered, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the zucchini and onions on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the coconut oil, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt; mix well and spread to 1 layer. Roast until browned and very tender, about 30 minutes, flip and turn halfway through.
2. Warm the pita on a griddle or sauté pan (or you can grill them) until nicely toasted, but still soft. Mix protein into the hummus then spread each flatbread with 2 heaping tablespoons of the hummus mixture. Top each piece with 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese, 1/4 of the roasted zucchini and onion mixture, about 1/2 cup arugula or spinach, and 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped almonds. Serve with a lemon wedge.
Fat: 19 grams
Protein: 19 grams
Carbohydrates: 12.5 grams
Approved By Sean Marszalek CEO SDC Nutrition Inc
The post Low Carb Arugula, Hummus and Roasted Zucchini wraps appeared first on About Time.