Deliciously Fit Chicken recipes in 7 ingredients or less. Perfect entrees a fit mom can whip up for the family.
September is National Chicken Month. But seriously. For two decades now the National Chicken Council (it does exist) has come together with all major chicken producers to promote eating their fine,feathered, farm animal. When it comes to a low fat source of protein, the bird is the word. But the cluck doesn’t stop there. Here are more reasons to promote chicken in your diet:
- Natural Anti-Depressant – chicken is high in the amino acid tryptophan which gives you that warm, comfy feeling, increasing the serotonin levels in your brain, enhancing mood and beating stress.
- Makes your heart happy – poultry is a suppressant for the amino acid homocysteine. This amino acid is one you want to decrease in the body because at high levels it has been shown to cause cardiovascular disease.
- Smile brighter – chicken is high in phosphorus, an essential mineral responsible for teeth health.
- Increase metabolic functioning – chicken is packed-full of selenium, the essential mineral involved in metabolic performance. This includes your thyroid, hormone, metabolism, and immune function.
- Seeing Clearer – chicken is high in retinol, alpha and beta-carotene, and lycopene, all derived from vitamin A, and all vital for healthy eyesight.
On of our favorite fitness and food bloggers DelciouslyFitnHealthy is a busy Fit Mom of twins. Because chicken is a quick cooking, affordable protein source she incorporates it into so many recipes for her family. Below are some of her family favorites. All featuring 7 ingredients or less.
Apple Avocado Chicken Salad
- Large can of chicken 12.5 oz
- 3 tbs Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 apple chopped
- 1/2 c chopped spinach
- 1/3 of an avocado chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of stevia
- Mix all together and enjoy!
- 6-8 chicken breast
- 1 bottle Franks Wing sauce
- 1 Ranch dressing packet
- Romaine lettuce
- Greek Yogurt
- Put chicken, franks sauce, and ranch mix packet on crockpot for 5-6 hours.
- Drain extra juice and add more sauce if needed.
- FOR A SERVING: 6-8 OZ shredded chicken in 4 large leafs of romaine lettuce 1 tbs of greek yogurt with a thin sliver of avocado.
- Wrap up and enjoy!
Recipe makes plenty so I suggest freezing some in portioned out baggies for later meals
Feta Pepper Chicken
- 2 thawed chicken breast
- Pepper & Flavorgods garlic salt or garlic salt of choice
- 1/3 c chopped red and yellow pepper (if you just have red that works fine)
- few squirts of lemon juice
- 1/4 c fat free feta
- 2-3 cups spinach
- Season chicken with pepper and @flavorgods garlic salty
- Top with chopped pepper, feta and a few squirts of lemon juice.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Place warm chicken over spinach on a plate and serve .
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
- 1 C 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- OPTIONAL:2 -3 tbs panko bread crumbs sprinkled on top before cooking as well
Mix everything together and spread mix over chicken breasts, bake at 375 45 min To connect more with Deliciously Fit N’ Healthy visit her blog at www.deliciouslyfitnhealthy.blogspot.com or find her on Instagram @DeliciouslyfitnHealthy. To see how this Fit Mom of twins stays fit follow @Deliciouslyfitworkouts. [pinterest url=”https://tryabouttime.com/deliciouslyfitchicken/” count=”horizontal”] [fbshare url=”https://tryabouttime.com/deliciouslyfitchicken/” type=”button”] [twitter url=”http://tinyurl.com/n3ssfw9″ style=”horizontal” hashtag=”fitmom” text=”@DeliciouslyFitNHealthy shares with @_Tryabouttime her kid friendly chicken dishes” float=”left”]