The ABOUT TIME Ambassadors came together this month to bring our community the best recipes made with our new Protein Pancake Mix. With the versatile gluten-free mix, we bring to you some of the most creative, sweet treats using our #ATBetterBatter.
Be sure to comment below your favorite recipe! Connect with the chefs for more recipes, fitness tips, and AT fun!
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil + 1 tsp.
- 2 cups About Time Cinnamon Spice Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease muffin tins with 1 tsp. coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together carrots, eggs, apple sauce, maple syrup, and 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, sift together pancake mix, raisins, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- 2 servings pancake mix
- 1/4c greek yogurt (keeps them more moist for rolling-prob could also use apple sauce)
- almond milk or water to create a little thinner batter vs if you were to make normal pancakes
On low/medium heat, pour batter into a pan forming about three pancakes. Cook pancakes and make sure pancakes are thinner–more crepe like!
- 1/2 c. greek yogurt
- 1/2c. frozen strawberries microwaved then mashed with fork
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix the three ingredients together (use 3/4 of strawberries) and then spread on each pancake and then roll pancakes. Top with leftover strawberries. I like to add some peanut butter to my pancakes on the side, but you could also spread some onto the pancakes before you add the filling!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge Cups (makes 6 fudge cups)
Made by Lisha, RDN / @Lean_Lisha
Cookie Dough Layer:
- 1 cup About Time chocolate chip protein pancake mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut flour
- Splash of unsweetened almond milk
- Stevia or sweetener to taste
- Optional: Additional mini chocolate chips
In a bowl mix 1 cup chocolate chip protein pancake mix, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, and 2 T natural peanut butter. Stir ingredients until well combined, it will be very thick and gooey. Divide mixture evenly into 6 silicone cupcake liners and set aside. For the peanut butter top layer mix 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt, 1/4 cup powdered peanut flour, a splash of unsweetened almond milk, and sweetener to taste. Pour peanut butter mixture on top of the cookie dough layer. Sprinkle each fudge cup with additional mini chocolate chips if desired. Place in freezer for several hours or overnight.
Macros for 1 cup: 155 calories, 14 g carbs, 6 g fat, 12 g protein
Cinnamon Protein Ice Cream Cone (makes 2 cones)
by Bethany / @LilSipper
- 1/2 cup AT Cinnamon Protein Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- coconut oil / cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- Aluminum foil
- Roll your parchment paper into a cone shape and tape the ends.
- Cover cone with foil. Try to make the surface as smooth as possible.
- Coat or spray cone with coconut oil/cooking spray.
- Wisk pancake mix and water.
- Heat pan with a little coconut oil/cooking spray, and when fully heated pour half of mixture into pan and turn heat on low. Thin mix in pan as much as you can without it breaking. Wait cook until top pancake is almost fully cooked and underside is very well cooked – DO NOT FLIP.
- Slide pancake on a plate and IMMEDIATELY roll on your foil cone with the “uncooked” side touching the cone by starting from one edge of the pancake and rolling until it’s reached the other end. Turn upside down and let cool – this is very important as this will create the cone to become hard. Repeat with remaining batter.
Double Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pancake Pie Ingredients (makes 2 Large Whoopie Pies)
- ½ Cup About Time Chocolate Chip Protein Pancake Mix
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 ½ TBS Raw Cacao Powder (or Unsweetened Cocoa Powder)
- ½ tsp Truvia
- ¼ Cup Plain (or Vanilla) Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp Stevia
- 2 TBS Fat Free Cream Cheese
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ TBS Mini Chocolate Chips (Optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all filling ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Place bowl in refrigerator to keep filling cold.
Spray whoopie pie pan with cooking spray. (If you don’t have whoopie pie pan, you can either make mini whoopie pies by using a muffin tin or just making round circles with the batter on a baking sheet).
Evenly distribute batter into 4 whoopie pie cups. The batter will be very thin in the pan. (If using a muffin tin, evenly distribute batter into 8-10 muffin cups).
Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. (If baking in muffin tin, baking time will be less, about 4 minutes).
Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, spread filling on 2 of the large whoopie pie pieces and cover with the other 2 remaining pieces. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (1 Whoopie Pie/ 2 per Recipe):
Calories: 218 / Protein: 16 / Carbs: 23 / Fat: 7.5 / Fiber: 4.5
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Macros (1 muffin, recipe serves 12) = 135 calories, 4 g fat, 7 g protein, 19 g carbs, 3 g fiber
These are gluten free, super moist, and very delicious!
1.5 cups About Time Protein Pancake Mix – Chocolate Chip
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 large egg
1/2 cup gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
1-2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
Preheat over to 350F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray
Add bananas, egg, yogurt into a blender and blend until smooth
In a medium bowl, add @tryabouttime protein pancake mix, oatmeal, and chocolate chips. Mix in wet ingredients and pour into muffin tins.
Bake at 350F for 20-23 min then let cool for 5 minutes. Thank you @lean_lisha We can’t wait to make these
We know you can’t wait to try them all so grab our AT Protein Pancake Mix now! Be sure to comment below your favorite recipe and connect with our Ambassadors! Be sure to tag @tryabouttime in all your pancake creations and use #ATBetterBatter