- 12 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into 8 slices- finger size
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 c shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced on a bias
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup of salsa verde
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 limes (zest and juice 1 lime, cut other into wedges)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning-(or make your own)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8, 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas or a low carb version
Dry tofu slices on papertowelsboth on top and bottom, then put a heavy skillet on top to press out the excess water, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss the coleslaw, radishes, cilantro, scallions, 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, the lime zest and half of the lime juice in a large bowl. Mix the yogurt with the remaining lime juice in a small bowl and season with the salt and pepper.
Brush the tofu on all sides with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil and sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then add the tofu and cook until it begins to crisp, about 5 minutes; turn over and cook 2 more minutes. Cut into strips.
Toast the tortillas in a dry skillet, 1 minute per side, or wrap in a damp towel and microwave 1 minute. Fill with the tofu, cheese and slaw, then drizzle with the yogurt sauce and salsa verde. Serve with the lime wedges.
Fat 19 g
Carbohydrate 48 g- depends on type of wraps used
Protein 22 g
Approved by Sean Marszalek, CEO SDC Nutrition,Inc