A quick meditation to restore INTEGRITY and COHERENCE. Integrity, defined energetically, is having your thoughts, feelings, words and actions in agreement. What is meant by personal and global coherence?
According to HeartMath, personal coherence, also known as psychophysiological coherence, refers to the synchronization of our physical, mental and emotional systems. It can be measured by our heart-rhythm patterns: The more balanced and smooth they are, the more in sync, or coherent, we are. Stress levels recede, energy levels increase and our brain and what HeartMath calls the “heart brain” are working together. It is a state of optimal clarity, perception and performance. HeartMath tools and technology have been scientifically proven to help us achieve personal coherence.
Global coherence refers to the mental, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of the greater community of human beings, while acting in concert with their own hearts, each other and nation to nation in harmony with our living planet. HeartMath believes coherence on a grand scale is highly achievable when large numbers of people focus their heart intelligence on a common goal.
I’m delighted to help you learn how to enhance your energy using your “inner resources” of spiritual peace, mental clarity and emotional stability.
This quick meditation will support coherence and keep you humming along.
Heartmath Quick Coherence Technique
- Make yourself comfortable. You may practice this meditation with your eyes open or closed.
- Settling into your chair, uncross your legs and arms.
- Take a moment to scan from the top of your head down through your body, to the bottom of your feet, noticing areas of tension and suggesting to yourself to release them. Knowing you are fully supported.
- Bring your awareness and attention to your heart in the center of your chest. Noticing your heart and heart space around it.
- Continuing to focus on your heart, allowing slow, easy, refreshing, relaxing breaths. Breathing in and breathing out.
- Imagining your breath coming in, flowing into and around your heart space and then slowly flowing back out.
- Now recall something that you are grateful for, or a positive life event.
Tapping into the feeling tone of gratitude, appreciation, joy, loving kindness. The key is to shift from thinking about the event to feeling the emotion. Imagining you are back in time, fully reliving this moment, filled with gratitude, appreciation and joy.
- Continue breathing in and out.
- If your mind wanders, it’s okay. Gently bring your mind back to your heart space and recall your grateful memory.
- When you are ready, slowly bring your attention back to the room, opening your eyes and allowing the feeling tone you have now, to continue throughout your day.
When a challenging situation presents itself, simply return to the awareness of your heart and your grateful feeling for the day.
Have a bright and joyful day!
Written by Renée Takacs, M.A.