Skip the Sodium Jerky Bites
Jerky is notorious for its large amounts of sodium in each serving. Skip the sodium in this recipe and still get the flavor
- 1 lbs. lean ground sirloin (my favorite is Laura’s Lean 96%)
- 1 Tbs. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- If you do not have a dehydrator, set your oven to 200.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour coconut aminos on meat, then sprinkle onion and garlic powder evenly over the top.
- Begin kneading spices and aminos into all of the meat forming a ball at the end once all the spices have disappeared.
- Place meat on your baking tray and flatten all across until desired thinness.
- **Keep in mind, the thicker you keep it, the less it will dry out.
- Put in oven and bake for about 2 hours with oven slightly cracked.
- At about an hour and half in, cut meat into bite size squares and flip over.
- Cook for remaining half hour or until desired dehydration.