It’s ABOUT TIME for a Coffee Break. Our food bloggers and staff couldn’t be more excited for this foodie holiday! September 29th is National Coffee Day so that’s our excuse for the caffeine overload.
Most recipes use ABOUT TIME whey protein isolate and and all feature coffee as the most amazing flavor enhancement.
Hazelnut Coffee Pancakes contributed by Fantastically Fit (@fantasticallyfit)
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 scoop Vanilla About Time Protein Powder(25% off code: Fantasticallyfit)
- 3 tablespoons Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Brewed Coffee
- ½ teaspoon Butter Extract
- ¾ teaspoon Hazelnut Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Whole egg and 2 Egg Whites
- 1 packet Stevia
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor/blender until smooth.
- On a griddle or pan sprayed with non-stick spray on medium heat place about ¼ a cup of batter on the pan per pancake.
- Allow it to cook flipping halfway through. Top with syrup and roasted hazelnuts (if desired)!
Have any extra pancakes left over? Freeze them and microwave them later. They still taste great!
Mocha Chocolate Protein Bites contributed by Leah Potosky Fitness (@leahferezan)
Ingredients (makes 8)
- 2 tbsp. ground coffee
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbsp. milled flax
- 1 scoop About Time chocolate protein powder
- ¼ c. water
- ½ c. oats
- ¼ c. almonds
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender (recommend – ninja)
- Roll dough into 1″ size balls
- Eat your heart out!
Tiramisu French Toast contributed by Jessica Brantley Fitness (@jibrantl)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 scoop AT Mocha Mint
- 1-2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread (I used cinnamon raisin)
- 2 Tbsp low fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Preheat waffle maker as instructed. Mix all the French toast ingredients, minus the bread, in a large shallow bowl. Dip the bread into mixture and soak on both sides. Cook in waffle maker until golden brown.
- For the topping, mix the cream cheese, Greek yogurt and vanilla in a small bowl. Spread on each slice of French toast and dust with the cocoa powder
Paleo Gingerbread Latte contributed by Fresh Fit N Healthy (@freshfitnhealthy)
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 shot of Expresso (or 4oz very strong coffee)
- 1 packet Raw Stevia (or sugar of choice)
- 2 teaspoons Pure Blackstrap Molasses
- Dash of Ginger
- Heat milk on stove until it reaches a boil
- Pour in expresso/strong coffee and all other ingredients
- Top with my Homemade Coconut Cream or enjoy it with my Paleo-Gingerbread Cookies if desired
Have more ways to celebrate the caffeinated holiday?? Leave us a comment below!
Calling all coffee-holics be sure to share all these recipes![twitter url=”https://tryabouttime.com/atcoffeebreak/ ” style=”horizontal” source=”@_tryabouttime” hashtag=”#Coffeeholic” text=”4 Recipes with caffeine overload to celebrate national coffee day” float=”left”] [fbshare url=”https://tryabouttime.com/atcoffeebreak/ ” type=”button” width=”100″] [pinterest image_url=”https://cdn.tryabouttime.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/17163648/Mocha-Bites-9_29.jpg” count=”horizontal”]